What is a LED light therapy mask?
Developed by NASA (yes!) as a method for stimulating plant growth and treating astronaut wounds, LED light therapy has since been adopted by beauty care professionals for skincare treatments. It works by using different wavelengths of light — most commonly red and blue — to target different ailments of the skin. “LED light is essentially acting like the sun to a plant,” dermatologist Marnie Nussbaum, MD, told Vogue. “It is penetrating the skin to a cellular level and subsequently causing different intra- and intercellular reactions.”
Do LED light therapy masks really work?
Research shows that red light therapy can be an effective anti-aging tool. According to a study, red light, which is known to penetrate deeper than blue light, can be useful in reducing inflammation. A separate study the following year also showed that red light therapy subjects saw “significantly improved skin complexion and skin feeling” as far as roughness and collagen density went.
Blue light therapy, meanwhile, can be effective in the treatment of acne. A study published by The Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology found that daily blue light therapy home treatment for mild to moderate acne “reduced the number of acne lesions significantly.” It also showed “a significant improvement” in overall skin conditions. The best light therapy mask will incorporate both red and blue lights.
How to Use?
1. Fully charge the control box before use.
2. Wash your face before the treatment.
3. Connect the mask unit to the control box and then press the "Power " button to switch the LED mask on.
4. Press "Start/Stop" to start the treatment.
5. Set the time by pressing the "Time" buttons". To set the mode, press the "Color" button. To Adjust the intensity, press the "Energy" buttons.
How Often Should You Be Using
It's suggested that you do not use the mask for more than 20 minutes each time.
The suggested operating time is between 10 and 15 minutes. More than likely, you will want to start with one 10-minute treatment, 4 times a week to start, unless otherwise directed by a doctor. Once you have achieved your initial goals, you will, more than likely, want to drop down rousing the device only twice a week. As the LEDs provide a pure and powerful output, these few treatments will be sufficient.
- Fight Acne
- Clear, lighten, smooth the skin
- Firm and enhance skin texture
- Reduce and prevent wrinkles, fine lines and spots
- Improve skin elasticity
- Minimize Pores
- Balance skin tone
- Inhibit the formation of melanin pigment
- Accelerate blood circulation